Sunday, October 21, 2007


I asked Mom what kind of flowers they were and she said "I don’t know but I think they're poisonous".
Anyway, we settled in, met some of the nice RVers here, enjoyed the mild afternoon and evening temperature and listened to the local weather report, "clear tonight with a low in the mid 60ies". (Mom’s favorite temperature for sleeping). Well 2 days ago Mid 60ies was the hopeful high temp! I sat on the patio before going to bed enjoying the balmy evening. We are on a bluff overlooking the Needles skyline with sparkling lights. Needles looks better in the dark. We had a half moon last night with a desert sky full of stars.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

The flowers look like Oleaner. There were a lot of hedges like that in Hawaii. I was told as a child to stay away from that flower.

Anonymous said...

yes, they are oleander. They grow really well in the desert. I saw them all over the place in Fort Irwin and Las Vegas. I didn't know they were highly poisonous until I planted on in my backyard and was informed by a friend that if one of my little babies were to eat them, there was no cure and they would die. I pulled them out immediately.