
After our run down to Provo yesterday, we drove back to SLC by the scenic route. First we drove up Provo Canyon and turned onto the canyon road leading past Sundance and Aspen Grove. As that road climbs, it narrows into a winding back-road known as the Alpine Loop. This time of year the stands of Quaking Aspen display leaves of an intense yellow color. I drove the 20 miles of switchbacks trying to avoid oncoming cars, also gawking at the fall splendor, while Mom shot out the window and sunroof. A few times there were places to pull over and I got a turn with the cam.
Becca was in the backseat shooting pix with her cell phone. We were on a photo safari and having a good time. We passed beneath the backside of Mt.Timpanogas sporting snowcaps which will remain all winter, and emerged near the city of Alpine.


3 comments:
It is great to see that we didn't skip Fall altogether. The changing leaves are great to see but you have to time your visit to the caynon just right to catch them. Love the photos.
I really like those pictures. Good job. You guys always take come fun pictures.
The top picture looks just like a postcard! I love them.
Post a Comment