Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Time Out for Friends

Wherever we go, Gramma likes to fit in a visit or two to her friends who "just happen" to be along our route. The Trexler's below were stationed in Hawaii at the Kaneohe Marine Corp Air Station in 1976. The oldest of their 5 children is Kelly Ann's age and their youngest is Amanda's age. Patty Trexler and Gramma did a cookbook together for the Kailua II Ward Relief Society. Her mother was a professional cook and taught her a lot about cooking. When we stopped by to see them in 29 Palms, they were very surprised, but Patty fixed a wonderful meal for us including a snack that she had invented herself. What fun!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Glenda and I are still friends, I met her in Elementary School so that was a long time ago. I lost track of her for a while. Glenda and I stay in touch now thru email, we met back up in 1986 at BYU, when we were both students.
During the summer of 2005 I worked some temp jobs. One was at the Deseret Book Warehouse. One thing we would do is package books for internet orders. I worked there for 3 weeks. One order I picked and packed was for a Patty Trexler in 29 Palms. I was so sure this had to be Glenda's mom that I sent her an email. As it turns out it was for her mom...ok, can you hear the music now? It's a Small World After All.....