Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Visit With Ganon's First Nursery Leader


When the Nursery was first started for children between 18 months - 3 year olds in 1980, Sister Helen Weech was called to be the Nursery Leader. She loved Ganon and he loved her. I loved her too. Her birthday is in November. She will be 90 yeaers old. I was only able to visit with her for a few minutes but it was great fun. She is wonderful. I wish you all knew her.
Helen is standing in the middle. The other lady is an "old" friend of Helen's. Her granddaughter took this picture. I don't know either of their names. Gramma

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Well more of us know Sister Weech than you might think. Jon and I will remember her from our year in her ward in Capistrano Beach. When Kevin turned 3 we went to CA. We had the birthday party at her house on the beach. So Cathy and Rycharn got to meet her then as well as Kevin and Jenny. I also think the other kids have mentioned stopping to meet her on one trip or another. So Mom you have done your best to help us get to know her.