VDO threw a big St. Patrick's Day party this afternoon (not marnin') (3/16/11). Becca, our very own colleen, was in her element. (You know she has reddish hair and freckles). She's wearing her St. Paddy's shirt and green beads, and a hat borrowed from the neighbor's table. Behind her you can see a few of the 700 or so "Active 55+" friends in the ballroom
Gramma, also in her green beads, is at the table enjoying a meal of "bangers and mash" I'm not making that up. We passed on the green beer.
These VDO parties are full-on decorated, on the walls like this fellow, and on the tables complete with green and white balloons.
There was a live band on the stage and dancing.
Many of the attendees dressed up. Most not as complete as this old guy in kilts and tam o' shanter.
Did I mention balloons? Becca's coming home smiling with her party booty.
This park rocks!
2 comments:
I'm all about parties, looks like another fun one.
My girls all enjoyed St. Patrick's Day. We all had on green. We painted our fingers and toes with green finger nail polish. For dinner, we ate green jello, spinach quiche dyed green, green peas, and green milk (from alien cows, Bethany says. No pictures unfortunately because I was so embarrassed that I had burnt the quiche. The girls thought it was fun anyway.
Post a Comment