Ok, so yesterday (3/18/2011) Becca and I are outside of our Super Walmart, where we spend time every other day or so. Becca now reads the word "Walmart" as "shopping". Anyway, a guy sees our Hawaii plates and we're visiting when he says, out of the blue so to speak, "Have you heard about the moon?!" "The moon?"I stammer "No". With what's going on in Japan and Libya, I'm thinking what's happened to the moon?? So he explains, "Tonight and tomorrow the moon is going to be 15% larger than ever. " I thank him and we drive away. Never can tell who you'll meet outside of a Walmart. But later, watching the Weather Channel, one of my favs, they ran a story about the "Super Moon". And if you hear it on the Weather Channel, you know it's true. So it seems that these two days the moon, in an historical event, will be 30,000 miles closer to earth than usual. So this weekend will be a great opportunity to view the moon. So I grabbed the camera and went outside. Here are the results.
Then I pulled out a little. What you see in the fg is the roof of Bigfoot.
Looks pretty big to me. Now if you read this today (3/19) you have another chance tonight to see the Super Moon. Let me know what you think
2 comments:
Of course, like usual I've been busy and didn't check the blog till the 20th!!! but glad you got some pictures. pretty
I was worse, Amanda! It is the 21st! oh well, c'est la vie. I am glad you took pictures. It reminds me of the time that I missed the harvest moon in Hawaii thanks to Hurricane Iniki.
Post a Comment