A highlight of the VDO activity calendar is the Mardi Gras Parade, complete with beads thrown to the folks along the parade route
There was a long line of enthusiastic participants. Motorcycles, three wheels and two were represented
Some entries followed the theme of "Hooray for Hollywood". Here is Rhett and Scarlett, as if you couldn't tell.
And here is the mansion at Tara (here, built upon a golf cart)
One of the amazing one-of-a-kind activities in the park is "Garden Railroad", which really deserves a blog all by itself
A few of the participants got a jump on St. Paddy's Day
Becca sports her Mardi Gras beads, all modestly earned at the parade. (That satellite antenna which appears to be growing out of her hat, is on the roof of the park model across the street)
The Auswanderers' site is on the parade route--very convenient
We send our best wishes to you as we begin the season of Lent. Give thought to the meaning of the approaching Easter. We hope that your family continues to be full of love and happiness.
3 comments:
That is fun I'm all about parades. love the beads
What a fun tradition. I love the parade float. Glad you didn't have to go too far to get good seats. ;o)
Fun! I guess I totally missed Mardi Gras this year. My girls love the beads :)
Post a Comment