Sunday, January 13, 2008

40 Days & 40 Nights in Needles

We have been in Needles for 40 days and Nights. We are celebrating by doing a poll. We heard a car dealer commercial which urged people to "Come on down to Beautiful Downtown Needles". We decided that we would go to downtown Needles and see if we could take a picture of "Beautiful Downtown Needles". Now we need your help. Below are the pictures we took. Give us your opinion by participating in the poll (if we have it up and working).A. Needles City Circle Park Monument
B. Well Kept Spanish Style Chapel
C. Car Dealers on Main Street
D. The Recently Restored Railway Station
E. A Hotel near the Railroad Tracks being restored by the City.
F. Caboose & Other Full Size Train Cars
G. Nightly lightshow as the sun sets behind the Western Mountains.

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi, What a fun poll idea. I was wondering if the poll is supposed to show all of the picture choices. The one I want to vote for isn't listed on my poll. I only show A and B.

Gramma Connelly said...

Kel, Please excuse our incomplete ballot. This is our first try at a poll and for some reason we couldn't get the other choices to print/post. Could someone give us instructions? Mean time if you like any of the other choices, write it in-- in an email.

Happy Hammaris said...

Looks like Radiator Springs in "Cars!" Were you asking us if we agreed that Needles has a "beautiful downtown" or not?

Kelly said...

I noticed that the poll has been updated so I have placed my vote there.

The Bountiful Connelly's said...

Having been to Needles, I don't think there really is a "downtown." I voted based on what I thought the Radio DJ might have been picturing, not on my favorite picture (if that makes sense).

Kelly said...

Rycharn said that Salina has more of a "downtown" than Needles. Please note that he didn't mention his hometown Aurora but the town where he went to school.

Catherine said...

I voted for the car dealership photo since it's on Main Street hence genuinely downtown. However, I think the photo of the hotel under renovation shows great potential. When that is completed, it would be a terrific brochure pic for the town!

Gramma Connelly said...

We are very pleased with the thoughtful participation of you all. We were impressed by the explanation of your voting criteria.. A special mahalo to the anonymous fixer of our poll, adding the pesky four choices. We were hoping not to have any hanging chads.

amanda said...

hey guys, glad to see that you got your poll up and going! over all i know what its like to be in a small place and i think it looks nice. it has potential.

The Bountiful Connelly's said...

David, of course cast his vote for the picture of the Cub-ba-boose. This was his favorite spot in Needles.

Gramma Connelly said...

Dear CathCon, You picked the car dealership, which sparked this poll. We heard a radio ad inviting customers to come and visit them in "beautiful downtown Needles". I picked the Caboose because of the happy memories we had with David . And I liked the church. Which photo would you pick as 'the most beautiful"?

Cathy said...

Hi, we voted for the car dealers on Main street because it most looked like a downtown. I really love the sunset picture most of all

Gramma Connelly said...

John took that picture out of the window of our moving car as we were zooming back home from Bullhead City AZ after another exciting visit to Walmart. Our digital camera has captured some amazing images while we were moving.

Kelly said...

Well it looks like the car lots won but I think that they won for the "downtown" part, not the "beautiful" part.