Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Joy of Laundry Day


Doing the laundry at a laundromat has good parts and bad parts. The best thing is that you can do a week's worth of laundry in just 3 hours. The bad thing is that you have to haul all your dirty clothes to the laundry. It costs money at a laundromat but owning a washer and dryer is not cheap either. I love clean clothes but I really dread laundry day.
.
Papa is a big help. He loads the car and helps unload it at the laundry. When it is all done he helps me get it all back in the car and back into the Bitty Home
This may look like a large laundry but when you consider how many people live here--there are 600 slots with at least 2 people--so at least 1200 people, and only 4 people could be in there at the same time.


Sometimes I am able to have a grandchild to help me with the quarters. It's winter so I am far away from all my grandchildren: no help with sorting my quarters. Papa and Becca help me. These machines at East Shore RV Resort only take 4 quarters.

This laundry is very basic but some attention has been given to it because a whole bank of dryers was recently added.

After all the clothes are washed and dried and folded, we put them all back in our flexible baskets and put them back in the car.

This story has a happy ending. When the laundry was all done, we went out to dinner at Marie Callender's. I had a great ham sandwich followed by a wonderful Coconut cream pie.

3 comments:

The Bountiful Connelly's said...

Looks like quite an adventure. I don't mind the washing and drying part, but I hate folding and putting the laundry away. I have two great helpers that like to make my nice piles of clean clothes into big piles on the floor. It makes the whole laundry process take longer, but we usually get it done within a day or two. I wish I got a great reward like Pie when I did laundry. All I get are clean clothes for a few hours.

Cathy said...

You know how I "love" laundry. Wouldn't it be great to have a mini laundry mat at your own home. Get all the laundry done at once, oh wait that means all that laundry needs to get folded and put away. Yuk!!! That is the part of laundry that I really struggle with. Oh well, we know how to eat an elephant . . . one bite at a time.

amanda said...

i'm glad to see that you got a reward for all your hard work. Emma liked helping do the laundry but i think sometimes it was cause papa gave her a candy and you gave her "bad" quarters. your so funny.