.This morning I was up extra early so I decided to work on the computer. While I was seated I felt something bite my leg. I slapped at it then brought my hand up to see if I got anything. I had guts and gore all over my hand. Yuk! It was disgusting, but I got him. I stared at the mess trying to figure out what I got. You remember in Hawaii there are many possibilities. For sure it wasn't a ghost ant that live in this room in abundance. They are called ghost ants because they are so small you can hardly see them. Hard to kill; they are super fast. Then I remembered the day before I was hanging up Dad's pants and a huge silver fish ran over my hand. I shook the pants hoping he'd fall out but I never saw it again. Until...maybe...now. I thought of the Eric and Ganon adventure with a centipede. Maybe another reason not to live in Hawaii.
4 comments:
So this story made me laugh..esp. cause you remember what happened to eric with the centipede. He was like "how big is this thing going to be." as someone hands him a hammer and pliers. oh have you seen any FLYING roaches we all know those are my favorite..not!
Memories, the critters are not missed at all here in Utah.
The critters in Hawaii are one thing that made me grateful to be living in Utah. I also hate the FLYING roaches. There was one night that I was home babysitting the 4 "little" kids, and had gotten them to sleep so I could work on homework. I was sitting on the couch, listening to a small radio, when a roach flew at me. I screamed and leaped and it disappeared. I went back to my homework, and it happened again and then a third time and I freaked out every time and threw the radio at it the third time it flew at me, and ran out of the room. I was too afraid to go back into the living room, so went to bed leaving the light on and all my stuff all over. So the 2-inch long roach won that round, I was grateful at least the radio wasn’t damaged.
My Dad will read this story and tell me to get tough and just step on it. I didn't like that either because they make the most disgusting crunching noise. Sometimes stepping on them doesn't kill them and the leap up and run at you. Or you succeed in killing them and then you have the aftermath to clean up. So Dad you can be the brave one and do all the cockroach stomping!
Dad do you remember that huge Spider that you and Jon tried to kill in my room? I seem to remember it had you both squealling like little girls. But to your credit you kept after the critter until you got it. So glad we have Burley Men around!
I loved killing roaches. I could put all my anger in my attack. Centipedes in my bed…well I just couldn't think about that. But what about geckos? Not dangerous, right? True, but did you ever watch them crossing the ceiling and wonder why they didn't fall? Do they have little suckers on their feet? Yes I think so. Do the suckers ever fail and cause the gecko to fall? Not often, but yes! One night a gecko fell from the ceiling into my mouth. That was not good but I survived. MOM
Post a Comment