Sunday, November 11, 2007

Where to Eat Lunch


After the Ukulele tour, it was lunchtime. Mom wanted to go to Ala Moana* to Shirokiya where they have a unique Japanese buffet of pasteries and delicious little oriental sandwiches. We ate outside where the bold doves walked between our feet feasting on the crumbs.
*I know if I just say Ala Moana you are going to think of it the way it used to be and not how it is now.

First of all a water main had broken nearby the entrance and all the traffic had to get in one lane. Do you remember the ramp? Well it is still there but it doesn’t go anywhere. You can’t turn left at the top as you would if you were going to Shirokiya, as we were. Everybody has to go to the right like it or not. We went around Sears, past Morton’s Steakhouse, where we had a fancy dinner with the Bangerters one time,

and then past the new 3 story section.


We drove completely around the mall and up to the rooftop parking to get to Shirokiya. The bakery was no longer on that floor but we did find it one floor down.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Jon would be so jealous that you went the the Kanaka ukulele store!!!! He really wants a ukulele and so does Michael. Can you find out prices for us while you are in Hawaii. We wouldn't need the most expensive but a good quality would be great. I am glad the hear that they are remodeling Ala Moana. It seems when we were there last they were in the process of parking garage construction. It seems there is always construction going on in Hawaii, much like SLC.

Cathy said...

Jon wanted me to mention that he really wants a Baratone ukulele. Can you price one for us? Thank you!!!

Kelly said...

I always enjoyed visiting Shirokiyas at Ala Moana but it was so much more fun after I got back from my mission.
I wish I had a way to practice my Japanese because it is getting very rusty.
Becca is doing a great job creating a picture journal. Looks like you have found a great way to include them in your blog. I'm glad you are able to get her photos off her phone now. It is also a great way for her to participate actively with your blog.

Happy Hammaris said...

Ala Moana was always one of Arnie's favorite places to go. I remember going to Lynn's Delicatessen with Mom and getting a pastrami on rye. A lot of memories.

amanda said...

I'm all about the ABC's store. Eric liked going there with me. Do they still have the fish swimming everywhere in the plants? oh and do they still have the lunch bar place where you could go anywhere to eat? oh shopping, its a weekness for me.. wonder who i get that from..?