Today 9/11 we got to see Ganon. He returned from London last night about midnight. He left on 8/23 to work as part of the video crew at the Paralympics. His position is Video Control (VC), part of the engineering team. In GB it's called "Vision Operator", nicknamed "Rack". I think we got that right.
He arrived safe and well, although his luggage didn't make it out of Chicago. Below Becca greets her brother at his "welcome home" at his work at KBYU Broadcasting (his day job).
Heidi brought a yummy home lunch for him.
TJ and Sarah were there...
as was Joseph.
GP brought special London souvenirs from the Auswanderers. Proud Mom got a beautiful Olympic pin
Becca got a pink Olympic logo pin.
Papa got a handsome ball cap, which he wore the rest of the day.
Mahalo Ganon. We love the gifts but we are most grateful that we have you back, especially on this somber day. You appear to have had a terrific professional experience. You seem to be the same humble guy, even though we noticed you have added a British adjective "brilliant" to your vocabulary. Continue to mind the gap.
1 comment:
It was nice to be able to spend some time with you guys. Thank you for rearranging your schedule so that I could see you. I know that you had reservations in two places. It's largely thanks to you guys that I was able to go and work in England. After all you guys introduced me to TV production when I was a young boy. It doesn't appeal to everyone but for some, me included, it gets into your blood. There's nothing quite like knowing that what your are working on is being watched live by tens of thousands of people. Thanks for that.
Love,
Ganon
Post a Comment