Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Oversized Loads are Big Fun

See the sign in the back of this pickup truck.  
Can you read it? It says "OVERSIZE LOAD".
 If you ever see a sign like this,
it means that something like
 what is in the picture below is coming.




I don't know what this huge thing is but I have seen ones like it in the past.  I don't know if you can tell
but this thing is so big that it doesn't fit on a regular truck.  The clever truck driver has connected the
front of it to the wheels in front and then there is NOTHING under it and then the back is connected to
the bunch of wheels that you can see in the picture below.
Then at the back there is always another vehicle such as the red one you can see in the second photo, that drives along behind carrying the OVERSIZE LOAD sign in an effort to let the other drivers know that the thing ahead of him
 is wider than the truck it is on.

I think that this is the same thing. I don't think that this one has a warning truck out front but if you look closely 
you'll see the one in back.
This large load is not so long but it is very wide so it also has to travel as Oversize Load. You see wide loads can be dangerous.
If a car tries to pass them and didn't allow for the extra room
it was sticking out into the passing lane, there could be
an accident.


Papa and I saw a few of these before we realized what it is.
Can you tell what it is?
Check out the photo below
What do you think?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

You sure can find fun anywhere! You really need to look at slurping you blog into a book. I'm guessing that the some of the family might be willing to purchase a copy for them as well. Not sure how it works but it says prices start at $3.95. Check it out!
http://www.blurb.com/

Happy Hammaris said...

An appropriate name for oversize loads is "Scary!" You really never want to pass or be passed by these suckers going 65mph or more. fun pictures though. I'm impressed that you were able to get them :)

amanda said...

we have seen those up close the kids will love to see this.