Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Promptings

If this story had a title it would be Heavenly Father and my Tire. Here it is. Bigfoot has six Michelin tires. Very top of the line. Very dependable.
My first prompt was to take the rig over to Discount Tire, where we purchased them, to have the air pressure checked before our road trip to CA. This is a good maintenance idea for anyone's car, especially if it has been sitting, as ours was, since Oct 15, when we arrived at VDO. So on Jan 27 I took the protective covers off these big guys and rolled over to the nearby shop. The techs put 80 psi in all six tires and we came back to VDO.
My second prompt was to not put the cover back on the tires. This seems like a small thing, but it turned out to be important. Remember Gramma, Becca and I are about to drive 800 miles, rt on these tires.
My next prompt was to bbq last Friday 2/3. The bbq grill is on our little patio beside the rig. Next to the patio was the rear duelie tires. And what do I see? A huge blister bulging out of the side of this tire! I was sick at first. I knew I'd have to go back to the shop on Sat 2/4. That night I had trouble sleeping over the matter. At 3:30 AM I heard a loud POP. I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter. I grabbed my flashlight and went outside. The blister was gone. It had exploded. In the morning I saw this--a 4 inch tear. Can you see it?
My next prompt was the realization that I saw this problem before we had a blowout in the desert in a few days. Discount Tire agreed that this tire was under warranty and would be replaced for no charge. Additionally, they removed all six tires, inspected them. checked the balance and pressure and rotated them. Now bring on the road trip!
Here is the new tire. Nice, yeah?
Some may think these promptings are a coincidence. But I have a testimony that these are an answer to a prayer. I often pray for safety and protection for my family. Heavenly Father, through several promptings, has helped me take care of my family. This is not the first time that my Heavenly Father has answered specific prayers. But this is the first time that I have shared it in a blog post. I believe that our prayers are heard and answered.

3 comments:

amanda said...

Amen to that. Praying for things really works. thanks for sharing and i like your new tire. have a fun road trip.

Heidi said...

I agree- I love knowing that Heavenly Father guides us in big things as well as little things. These promptings are a constant blessing in our lives.

vicki said...

So glad you were prompted and even happier you listened. Many of us don't listen and then have a hard time forgiving ourselves when something happens because we ignored a prompting. Thanks for sharing.
Have a safe drive to California and a good time there.
vicki