Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Lunch Date with David

When David realized that I would be leaving Utah for a long time, he asked me if I wanted to come to his school to have lunch with him.
His school has a wonderful system to feed all their children at lunch, joined occasionally by special guests, like Grandmothers. David patiently explained the somewhat complicated process that I would need to follow. I would get a name badge that would stick to my shirt. He sweetly assured me that it would come off.





I followed the rules and I met him as planned. When it was time for lunch, the children quietly took their place in lines depending on what they wanted to have for lunch. Terriyaki Chicken sounded good to me and David decided on the Tuna Sandwich.


David was a young gentleman. He went back to get me a fork and a napkin so I wouldn't have to eat with a spoon. We both enjoyed our time together. I am so glad to have spent this special time with David.


The boy across from us took our picture.

2 comments:

amanda said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend some time with him. that is a nice picture of u and david.

Happy Hammaris said...

He is very sweet. Awesome that they served teriyaki chicken! Yum!