This afternoon I was sitting at the table and looked out the front window. What is that? Local weather guys call this rain-snow mix. But snow ( a four letter word for us) wasn't expected "in the valleys". Sigh
I looked out the right side window and saw some "accumulation" on Becca's bike and on the picnic table.
Gramma looked out the other side and saw this.
I went outside and had a look at the "benches". That is Bigfoot in the fg
Becca and I had some outside chores to take care of. She dug out her jacket and hat to ward off the cold (another four letter word for the Auswanderers)
To be accurate, the snow didn't "stick" and it's not supposed to freeze tonight. That's considered the good news. And it is supposed to warm up some this weekend. But we are getting ready to pull the chocks to head south. Probably Tuesday.
4 comments:
well i feel your pain, we have enough to make snowmen. ahh
We also got a swift and drastic change of weather here in Sacramento. Rain, thunder and lightning in the valley yesterday and enough snow in the Sierra resorts for skiing! A wet and cold winter is preticted! That's OK with me. I like cold more than hot any day.
I love Becca's face she looks so happy to see the snow. At least you can shut your door now to keep the cold out.
The last couple of nights it has dipped into the low 30's here. We finally gave in and shut all the windows and unburied the woodstove to light the first fire of the season. Warmed the room right up to 80 degrees. 80 degrees is expected for outside the house this weekend sans woodstove....I wish it would just make up it's mind!
Post a Comment