Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Organ Stop Pizza

Today, January 11, Mom, Becca and I went on a field trip to a pizza place here in Mesa with 100 of our Valle del Oro buddies
It has a funny name "Organ Stop Pizza"
because it features a big Wuritzer organ.
and we received an organ concert while we ate
Around the walls there are many instruments which the organist plays from his elaborate key board. Mom with her musical training pointed out the various tricks of the skilled organist.
The organ rises dramatically at the beginning of the show. It rotates slowly around, and at the end, it descends into the pit.
After the concert Mom purchased a CD by the organist. He poses here with the girlies.
It was a fun adventure. Mom plans to write her own memories of the day.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you found this hidden and rare treasure. It is such a fun place if you don't mind the crazy crowds and okay pizza. I love the fact that you can put in requests and that he rises out from the floor when you aren't even looking. You guys had great seats so you can see most of the instruments. The organist is AMAZING! He played the Star Wars Theme once while I was there... SO COOL!!!

amanda said...

that looks like a fun place. maybe someday will get out of the cold and come visit you guys.

Happy Hammaris said...

Very cool! At first, I didn't know what to think about "Organ", thinking first of those organs in the body....I'm glad my first impression was wrong. :)