A few days ago Amanda and Eric came to SLC for a missionary reunion. Mom and I were given the sweet opportunity to care for Macy for a few hours.
We will always remember the sweet experience of being with you for a few hours. You were a perfect baby. You didn't cry once, which is amazing when you think about it. After a four hour car ride from Rigby to SLC your Mom and Dad gave you to us in a parking lot in Bountiful and we took you on another hour trip down to Provo. You and Gramma talked and played in the back seat and you made Gramma laugh and laugh. You quietly pooped your pants but didn't complain. Gramma changed you out in the open on a picnic table. No problem. Then we took you to the ward party in a park where you had never been, surrounded by strangers you had never seen. You slept for a few minutes but the noise woke you up. Still no crying. Gramma and I tried to feed you but there was so much going on around us with loud music and many children running around, you didn't eat much. Then it got dark and you got restless. I walked you around while the party wound down and Uncle Ganon did the hula. The Bishopric danced to the music of the Hukilau. They were rehearsed and did a pretty good job. Next we packed up went to Ganon and Heidi's house and got ready for bed. Heidi thoughtfully left the front door unlocked because they would be late helping to clean up after the party.You enjoyed most of your last bottle and had quieted down, until the cousins got home and began racing around the house. That got your attention and you sat on my lap and we watched them from the rocking chair. Finally, the day caught up with you and you began rubbing your face on my shirt. Your Mom had told me that that was one of the signs that you were ready to go to bed. So I laid you down in Heidi's little crib. You got comfortable as I rubbed your back, and that was that.
Love, Papa
Malama pono a hui hou
1 comment:
Those r cute pictures of macy I'm glad they came out nice. The last one is cute of all her love rolls. I love my squishy!thanks for watching her
Post a Comment