The party has been on Mom's mind for years. I'm not making this up. The purposes seem to have expanded the more she thought about it. Just so you have an idea what we celebrated, here's a (maybe incomplete) list.
• As you know, Kelly and Jon share a birth date of 9/13. Theirs were the only names on the cake, but Mom was tempted to add these others, but the cake wasn't that big:
• Mom's September 25th bday. She'll be 35. That's what she told me that I could say
• Everyone else in the family whose bday is in Sept -- 3rd Lily and Rycharn, 10th James, 21st Heidi, 29th Kim, 30th Amanda, (or anyone whose bday is late in Aug or early Oct)
• Sad that Amanda's and Megan's families won't be able to be with us.
• Mom and my 45th wedding anniversary--June 12, 1965
• Anniversary of Mom and me joining the Church 7/13/70, thanks to Marilyn and Tom Rose, which helps to explain the party location
• Anniversary of Mom and me going to the Hawaii Temple, 7/21/73, with Jon and Kelly
• Anniversary of Mom, me, Jon and Kelly moving to Hawaii, 8/25/70.
• Grandparent's Day
• And let's not forget the Autumnal Equinox, coming up on September 22, 11:09 PM
• The Rose family had several bdays and reasons to celebrate
.Below are the Reeves. They are Marilyn Rose's parents and were close to Mom during the high school years
In Tom and Marilyn's basement all 58 of us got together for introductions
The cake. It was carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Very rich and ono
Everyone brought the ukes. Michael, behind Mom has gotten very good.
Marilyn Rose tried to put one candle in the cake for every reason we had to celebrate
Cake on the patio. Weather was terrific
Among the special moments--Mom got some TJ time
This set of photos doesn't come close to telling the story of our two families coming together for a few special hours. Good times!
5 comments:
A fun time, I haven't had time with the Roses for many years but I saw then quite regularly during my college years.
We had lots of fun. It's usually a good sign when the kids are asking all day to go and then don't want to come home at the end. Thanks for the invite.
I just noticed the number on the cake and wondered who did the math. I'm 43 and Jon is 44 so tell me what new math you used to get 97? My math only gets me 87. Perhaps you were counting James' years in there because he just turned 10.
Thanks for putting all those dates in. I'm glad u guys became members I'm sure I would have if u didnt:-)
Wonderful celebration! Wish we could've been there!
Post a Comment