Sunday, September 5, 2010

A perfect gift

Becca wore the shirt four days in a row  (don't tell Amanda). On the fifth day I insisted that she wear something different. So she put on her Dodger shirt and wore that for three days. The girl knows what she wants to wear.
Kelly has a knack for selecting gifts that are a perfect fit. For instance, I still remember a special gift she gave me for a birthday. Most of you won't remember an old TV show called "Hill Street Blues". It was my favorite show for many reasons including the theme music . On my birthday, I woke up hearing that theme music being played in our living room. Kelly had taken the trouble to learn how to play the "Hill Street Blues" theme music on our piano for me. I was touched. Kelly still has "game". 

4 comments:

Catherine said...

What a sweet story about Kelly - I loved Hill Street too!

Kelly said...

Thanks for the compliment, but I must have inherited the knack from you and Mom. Becca is fun to shop for and I was excited to find this fun shirt at the discount outlet in Las Vegas when I down there for the HS Reunion.
I'm glad you insisted that Tink get a break and a bath, we are trying to teach the kiddos here that 2 days is max for an outfit and that is conditional on what happened to the outfit on day one.
I guess she loved it more than I thought she would, but I'm so glad she is enjoying her belated B-day gift.
It was a fun summer that I spent learning that theme song while you were teaching summer school. Mom helped me learn it and made sure I was up in time to surprise you. Might even have the sheet music but not sure.

amanda said...

DAD-4 DAYS!:) you know me all to well. well, its a cute shirt.

Happy Hammaris said...

cute shirt! love Tink too!