Saturday, July 31, 2010

First Shiner

The only treatment for a shiner that we knew of is the one we see in films--a steak on the eye. So I went to our local Walgreen and asked the Pharmacist.  He said steak is good because it's cold. A cold pack, while not as romantic would work equality well. Do any of you know of another remedy?
Two days after the incident, the rest of Mom's body is beginning to report their part in the fall. Her right shoulder and hip are sore. And her right wrist shown here shows an abrasion. Her Mary Kaye Purple eye lid doesn't hurt, but her head throbs a little.
We'll keep you posted if there are any significant changes. Mom is wondering what she's going to tell the ladies at church tomorrow. The real story sounds so improbable. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, I'm sure that it is similar to being in a car crash when it you start to feel the pain a while after the crash happened. Crashing into the sidewalk can't be good, so I hope that you start to feel better soon.

Catherine said...

When I had serious eye surgery years ago I developed the worst black eye I had ever seen. The doc asked me not to identify him as the surgeon (joking, of course). Some folks at work wondered out loud if I'd been abused by my husband (they evidently thought they were being funny). I'd stick to the actual story.

patv@gmail.com said...

Oh boy Marilyn I'm so sorry about your fall and thank the Lord that you weren't more seriously hurt. Please be extra careful, next time you might break something and that's no fun at all as I can tell you from first hand.