Here is the first ono bee-ut- if-ull dog
She made enough for the three of us. Yum. (Her shiner is barely visible)
Here is the recipe. Mom lost the recipe but Meg had it and sent it.
Crispy Corn Dogs
1 C Flour
3/4 C Yellow Corn meal
3 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Dry mustard
2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Salt
1 C Milk
1 Egg, slightly beaten
2 Tbsp Shortening, melted
12 hotdogs
12 sticks
Wesson vegetable oil, for frying (needs to be at least 2” deep)
Combine first six ingredients. Add milk, egg and shortening. Mix until smooth. Pour mixture into a tall glass (Tupperware use to make a real good one with nice straight sides and not very wide across). Put hot dogs on sticks. Popsicle sticks work well but you have to remember to save them up when you are have ice cream.
4 comments:
Yummy! I too have the recipe and the proper Tupperware tall glass that Mom likes to use. However, I lack the time and energy to make them so resort to the frozen kind. I'll have to share this recipe with Stephanie who is starting her own recipe collection as part of her Laurel class (Church 16-18 year-old class of girls).
yummy! I have seen some wooden coffee stirrers that might do the trick in a pinch as well! just might have to try it soon!
David requests these regularly. He always remembers that we need to save our sticks if we ever have popcicles. If not, though, we make "little-dogs." I use the same recipe. Delicious.
I would love to try your corn dogs! maybe next time that you are in this neck of the woods we can make some at my house!! By the way Haappy Birthday Little Brother. I love you very much!!
Pat
Post a Comment