We picked the "Valle del Oro" and liked it so much we decided to stay for 2 months. The spot they picked for us is not far from the office where there is a post office. Becca and Papa go together to pick up the mail. The ladies in the office carry on a conversation with Becca like they were old friends from the pre-existence. In 2007 we stayed in an RV park called "ORO" that had nearly a thousand slots. It was wonderful. This Valle del Oro has 1739 slots. I keep thinking that it's like a small town. I'm reminded of the campus at UCLA. One time I wandered away from the College of Music and got lost. I missed 2 dances because they were not announced in any of my classes. I asked how I was supposed to know what was going on and I was told that I should read the Bruin newspaper. At Valle del Oro there is a different activity every night. And we won't know about them unless we read the calendar and newspaper. This week Papa went for a ride on his bike and discovered that there is a minature train set up outside. Men staying here are making little houses and office buildings to decorate the track. Tuesday we went to a dinner sponsored by the Tennis Club. There were probably 300 people there. There is a "Mac Lab" that offers lessons in Photoshop Elements and Photoshop for professionals. There are 2 pools--Becca loves that. There was a Country Store this morning and Papa bought some rhubarb jam. Next Tuesday there's going to be a guy here that will replace the battery in any watch for just a dollar. Thursday there will be a fashion show. Every Saturday a different professional entertainer to do their thing for the RV people.
Papa went out to scout one morning and found a band rehearsing in a room with a stage. The four people were preparing for a play that will take place in February. On that same trip he discovered that there is a softball league and the team for here plays teams from other RV parks. There is a field right here on the property.
The freeway is close by and allows us to travel quickly to the large and modern shopping center that is only a mile or two away. Papa found a novel haircut place there called Sports Clips. They specialize in men's haircuts and show game footage at each carrell and in the waiting room. The chairs in the waiting room are not regular chairs but stadium seating. I thought that was a nice touch. Becca and I were able to get our haircut in a little shop right here by the pool.
With a little research we found that we would be members of the Ellsworth Ward while we were living here. The ward house is about 2 or 3 miles away. We were assigned a Home Teacher and I found out that he and his wife live in the "small" RV park that is on the oposite corner from ours. The ward has an active Family History class that meets during Sunday School time. I've been invited to join the choir at both the Ward and the RV Park. Apparently they have a Church service here too and there is also a choir.
The Ford Dealer and Camping World are about 8 miles away. We have an appointment at both of them next week to get some work done. Even in Salt Lake these to places are further away than that.
Last but not least there is a Costco (that serves Popping Pink Lemonade) just 2 large blocks away. The first building they occupied was further away but they thought better of it and abandoned that building and put up another one 4 blocks closer to the Valle del Oro. The first building still stands empty.
Mesa, AZ has welcomed all the Winter Visitors and we feel very happy to be here.
3 comments:
We're glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay in Mesa. I liked living there. It does seem like most of what you need is pretty close by. Thanks for the update.
I'm happy you guys found a place that is nice to you guys and esp. becca. sounds really nice there.
Perhaps you have found a happier home than Needles, it could be a much nicer place to go for winter visits. I hope you continue to feel at home there but still want to come see us when it is warm enough.
Post a Comment