Sunday, January 11, 2009

Report from SoCal


Here is Mom watering our Norfolk Pine Christmas trees at our picnic table. Note the absence of snow.

The Auswanderers left Springville, Utah on December 31st and traveled 600 miles over three days, across four states and two time zones, losing the vision of snow banked beside the highways and gaining 40 degrees of temperature (from 17 in UT to 57 in CA) to land in San Dimas, California in the East Shore RV Park, near Puddingstone Lake in the Frank Bonelli Regional Park. Our primary purpose is to spend January near Auntie Pat and the SoCal family. We were able to make a month's reservation for site E-18. This is a blessing because “long term” sites are usually all booked at this very popular Snow Bird park. Yesterday under clear skies with 70 degree weather, we washed the snow mud and salt scum off of the vehicles. (Cue the sigh)
The Girlies in Sunday attire at Site E-18

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! I bet Bigfoot and the Saturn enjoyed their baths. I'm glad you were able to secure a spot near Auntie Pat. Good to see your Christmas trees are still doing well. Try not to get sunburned in all of that sunny weather--we've been enjoying the "warmth" of the upper-30's.

Kelly said...

Hope you are able to enjoy some time with the relatives. We are trying our best to stay warm here and I have to start back to the U, monday, so it is about to get very busy around here.

Eric R said...

San Dimas, someone can correct me if I am wrong but I think that is where the movie "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" takes place. I hope things are excellent for you all.

amanda said...

looks nice and warm. today its only in the 30's calm down your excitement for us. love ya