Monday, January 19, 2009

Becca Rides Again!


Saturday before last Becca and I stopped by the horse stables here in Bonnelli Park. We drive by it each time we come to the RV Park and she wanted to pet the horses. Two nice ladies, who were working with a horse, brought it over to the fence so Becca could reach it. They told us that Saturday mornings they have a beginners walk around the corral on a horse. Becca wanted to go. Yesterday we went. Becca rode a little black horse named Billie. She had a ball. Becca never wavered from her desire to ride a black horse like Ranger Walker.

But it was touch and go when she had to swing up into the saddle. She had trouble trusting all of her weight to her left foot in the stirrup. I was right there to help her but she was still hesitant. I asked, "Do you want to ride Billie?" "Yes" she replied. "Then you must get on". The equestrian lady was right there too and was very patient. Finally the three of us got her on board ol' Billie and Becca rode around the corral for the full 45 minutes. Good fun for her.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Way to be brave Becca! I love to ride horses but I am also short and have trouble getting on. At Christopher's summer camp they have a ramp the have the horses stand next too so you just have to put your leg over and sit down. Still Chris isn't brave enough to do it.
But 45 minutes is much better than the Fair so well done.

amanda said...

becca how fun for you. that is great that you guys took her to do that. she looks like she is having a great time.