Saturday, September 20, 2008

One of the "Quaint Little Villages" ...

..in ol' Cape Cod is called "Sandwich". Not making this up.
Those of us from The Sandwich Isles noticed this about lunch time.
What better place to look for soup and sandwiches?

With Meg at the wheel and Mom as the navigator using the onboard GPS and a bunch of maps, we found The Deli in Sandwich, which doubled as a tiny general store, jam packed with customers and lots of New England charm--pronounced "cham""

This little village was serious about their sandwiches, even posting police to make sure lunches are made right and enjoyed.


Bet they never heard that joke. Becca certainly enjoyed her sandwich.

We couldn't help thinking of the smartalec questions a person might get with "Sandwich Police" on the side of his car. Like "Arrest anyone for not eating their crusts, today, officer?" or "Officer, is there a fine for eating too many sandwiches?"

5 comments:

patv said...

I think you did just fine with your blog.Iremember when we lived in Rhode Island for a while and your Dad always made sure that we saw plenty of historical sights and local ones also. My favorite was roadside stands that sold fish cakes, they reminded me of hot dog stands we had in the midwest. I guess that they are all gone now but they were so good! I was never quit sure about New Englanders especially when you Grandmother Connelly sent you lobster claws on satin ribbons to teeth on. To say nothing of the fact that could not understand a word of what they were saying,in fairness they had ahard time with my Okie Twang. But I was great entertainment for them.

Kelly said...

Feel sorry for the Sandwich Police. Glad you had a nice site seeing trip.

Heidi said...

I do love a good sandwich. I bet they taste better in "Sandwich." Thanks for the pics.

Eric R said...

Nice, I love to see comebacks, and I have been waiting for you. Lately I have been eating a lot of sandwiches made by Manda, I wonder if they would pass by the sandwich police.

amanda said...

i don't think my sandwiches would pass the police i make them fast and sloppy i won't lie. keep the posts coming. looks like a fun place to visit.