Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Pictures on the Porch

I found this little porch photo in my special photos I got from my mother. The children in the photo are Ernestine, called Teenie, my mother, Caroline and my Uncle Ray. They were born very close together. Caroline, 6 Oct '21, Ray 2 Jan '23, and Teenie 24 Aug '24. I noticed that all 3 children are wearing the same kind of outfit. I wonder if my grandmother, their mother, made them herself. I have read her diaries and they tell of the many things she sewed for other people. I know she made a lot of my mother's clothes. If this photo was taken in August 1926, how old would each of the children be when the picture was taken?
This porch photo was taken on Papa's front porch in Rialto where he grew up. The girl, Aunt Catherine, or Papa's sister, looks like she is about 6 or 7 years old. If she is seven Papa would be 11 and would be in the 6th grade. The boy in the middle is their cousin, David Hallmark. He was just visiting at their house that day. Papa and I will be 65 this year. With that information can you figure out when the picture was taken?

3 comments:

amanda said...

your mom looks like lily a little, with a little bit of sass

Kelly said...

Cute pictures! Thanks for sharing. Can anyone guess who Ganon looks like?

Eric R said...

I have been checking your blog at least twice a week so see any more updates. Just checking in can't waint for a new post. Eric