Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Mom, Her Sisters & Their Husbands

I was looking at my Genealogy Calendar recently when I discovered something I had never noticed before. My Uncle Charlie was born in February just 4 days after my Uncle Alfred. My father was born on January 1, 1920 and Uncle Al was born just a month and a half later (or 45 days later).
I actually knew that Uncle Charlie was the same age as my father because I was told the story about how he met Aunt Ruthie. My dad went to work for the Bank of America when I was in 1st or 2nd grade and he became friends with Charlie Coombe who already worked there. I'm guessing Charlie met my mom and said, "Are there any more at home like you?" The answer was "Yes, Ruth Elizabeth, but she is 12 years younger." I don't know how Aunt Teenie met Uncle Al but Teenie was nearly 3 years younger than my mom. There were 3 Taylor girls, all different ages, who married guys who were all nearly the same age. Uncle Al and his brother Francis came to California as migrant workers. Al was a pilot and later worked at Lockheed where Aunt Teenie checked out equipment. That's how they met.

1 comment:

The Bountiful Connelly's said...

Thanks for sharing the family history with us. These blogs have sure been a fun way to keep in touch!