Thursday, December 6, 2007

Yes, Gramma, there is a Wal*Mart


Yes, it is true that the man at the Wal*Mart in Covina called on the phone and told you there were no stores is Needles. However, he did not check to see if there was a Wal*Mart store near Needles. He probably only looked for a store in California. Across the Colorado River, just 22 miles away in Arizona, there is a store in Bullhead City. And it’s a super store at that. Now you have a place to go to get your medicine renewed.

5 comments:

amanda said...

oh mom glad to hear that there is a walmart for you to go to, and in another state at that. what fun.

Happy Hammaris said...

Heaven help the Bitty Home! Love ya!

Kelly said...

It is a good thing you can think outside of the box when looking for something you need. I know that having lived in Hawaii for so long that you would think of crossing the border of the state to go to the store. I know that Mesquite, NV is right on the border of Arizona and part of the city in in Arizona. It must be odd when Nevada changes time and Arizona doesn't. I wonder if one of the wards has people from both states.

Gramma Connelly said...

The Needles Ward (Lake Havasu Stake) is our ward for a season. We found it on Sunday and were warmly welcomed. In their printed bulletin, all events were followed by "5:00 CA time, 6:00 AZ time". Yes, ward members reside in both states

Kelly said...

How odd to have to worry about 2 time zones in one ward. Well we heard in church today that the Allen's have been called as Stake Service Missionaries. I saw them in the hallway and they said that they loved the picture of the family. Also, they send their Christmas greetings. When I told them where you were, Rex said "well they probably don't have a Wal*Mart out their". So I told them that you found one across the border in AZ.