Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lily's track meet

Somewhere in Canada, my trusty computer became jammed up--I think that's the correct label. Anyway that but the brakes on our blog efforts. So sad. Our family is blessed with several computer savvy members (but none in Quebec). Both Ganon and Jon have spent patient time with us. While we are up in Rigby we have Eric Reynolds. Amanda, his business manager said, "Eric can fix that." Eric is a professional IT guy (or is it TI guy)? Anyway he graciously spent some tech support time with my sad old computer. We really appreciate his time and talent.  If you are reading this post, we are back in business!
On Saturday 7/7 Lily was invited to participate in The Hershey's Idaho State Meet. I had a good location to record Lily's event, the 50 yard dash for girls ages 7 & 8. Lily is in the third lane from the left. She is in a blue shirt.
This was a big event with boys and girls from all over Idaho competing in a variety of track events. Someone said some 600 youth were there. We understand that the winners can go on to the culminating event in Hershey, Pennsylvania. 
Lily is a strong runner as were most of the girls in her heat. But we won't be going to PA this year.
No matter. The big thing was to be able to cheer for this sweet athletic granddaughter. You go girl!

3 comments:

amanda said...

We r proud of our Lily. I know she was happy u came

Catherine said...

I think it's very brave to compete in a track event. I've never been a runner so I'm especially impressed by Lily's effort!

Happy Hammaris said...

Go Lily!! very cool :)