Thursday, June 16, 2011

Winter? Games

We arrived in Rigby last week. Carson had started his TBall season and he invited us to come to see his games. We have now been to three games; each would put into question the baseball phrase "The Boys of Summer". At the first game the temperature was so cold our lips were turning blue. The second game, it was warmer but there were dark ominous clouds rolling in from the south. The little game started and the clouds were soon joined by serious thunder. The game wasn't called until the lightning, thunder and heavy rain drops were upon us. Since the cars were parked in the next zip code, we were soaked by the time we got to them. OK, on to game 3. Temp was up, no clouds were in the sky, but the winds were gusting up to 50 mph. Spectators' camp chairs and blankets were blown all over. But these hearty folks pressed on and we played.
Let me rush on to say that I had great fun. I love baseball and really love TBall. I'm glad we didn't miss young Carson having such a great time. The young players are full of enthusiasm and play with vigor. The adults are kind and patient. The rules are adjusted so that fun rules. And I really admire the Rigby folks, both adults and kids, who don't let a little weather stop their plans and fun. Here's hoping that game 4 next week will actually happen in the summer.
PS This morning I drove Emma to her soccer practice. At the 10 o'clock start time, our car thermometer read 42 degrees. (sigh)

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Just love pictures of such a happy boy!!

amanda said...

he is happy that you came to his games. someday it will be summer here, i just know it. hopefully by june 23rd!!!