Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hail in Mesa?

The white flecks you see on my shoulders are not dandruff. As we were getting in the car this morning (2/27/11) to head off to church we started having some weather. I'm not smiling here but we three were laughing about this unexpected event.
Here you can see it a little better.
This is the cover on Mom's scooter which doubles, it seems, as a rain catchment system. Last night's rain is visible as is our tiny hail. A lady at church said it's not quite snow, not quite hail. It's more like "slush"
I post this because it is so unusual in this part of the world. My apologies to all of you who are experiencing real weather.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Hail in Mesa is always exciting. There were a few storms that hit in the spring each year that would flood parts of my High School. They would always start with a batch of hail. I'm glad this storm wasn't followed with flooding.

amanda said...

I just laugh at that... but r surprised