Saturday, November 20, 2010

VDO Nov '10 #1

This is our winter headquarters for the second season. It will take more than one blog to show the many aspects of this park that make it the best one we've been in.
Our site is on Ruby Street at the corner of Bear Valley Road, the main road.
Becca, showing off our spacious site
Around the corner is the main building with, among other things, is the office and the Post Office--yes a real Post Office. Well, shipping boxes require going off campus to a huge PO a few blocks away.
The grounds are uniformly well kept, including the rose gardens
Cacti of various kinds are everywhere. We should do a blog just on the cacti. I know you can't wait
Becca and I have been riding our bikes in the morning over to the state-of-the-art Exercise Room where I "exercise my legs" as Becca calls my treadmill walk.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad you have a nice place to stay and you are getting exercise. Hard to stay motivated to exercise here. Now with snow...oh well, keep up the good work.

Catherine said...

Looks like a great set up for active seniors! Good job with both the bike riding and the treadmill work!

Anonymous said...

looks like a wonderful spot to drop anchor (sp) I've forgotten how to spell in my old age. Love you all and miss you!
Pat

amanda said...

looks really pretty love the flowers.