Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Pie

To help celebrate my 66th birthday Kelly brought me this fun pie. Thanks to her, and to all who sent cards and well wishes. I began that day in a surgical room having a cataract removed from my right eye. If Piglet had offered to me,  as he offered to Eeyore, "Many happy returns of the day", I would have replied, as sad Eeyore did, "I'm having them".  And all things considered, I was.  I am well blessed and I know it.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

We were happy to hear that your birthday (and surgery) went well. We're glad to wish you a Hipy Papy Bthuthdth Thuthda Bthuthdy, which of course means "A Very Happy Birthday with Love from Us."

Catherine said...

Wow, I hit send and your blog note jumped up! Happy coincidence. Was the pie apple?

Kelly said...

Yes, it is an apple pie or hopefully was an apple pie. I'm glad that you have decided like Piglet that even though you might be on the moon (after the balloon burst) that you needn't remain downward. After all Piglet dusted himself off and made the most of the busted balloon and you did the same with the surgery. You have even started a new tradition of going to Cracker Barrel after, thanks for letting me tag along after your last surgery.
Be sure to keep in touch and hope the eyes just continue to improve.

Happy Hammaris said...

I may be far away and a little distracted but my heart and well wishes are with you for your birthday and speedy recovery.

amanda said...

that was sure nice of her to make you a pie. glad things went well for the surgery.