Monday, June 23, 2008

Becca's 32nd Birthday Party

On Saturday, a Connelly Crowd of 23 gathered at the SLC KOA Park, where the 3 Auswanderers have Bigfoot for the month of June. Kelly, Cathy and Heidi helped Gramma with the planning and coordination--no small feat involving four separate and busy families.


Rycharn applied his considerable skills to design a custom cake. Last year Becca requested a Peter Pan cake, which was impressive and Becca still talks about it. This year she asked for an "Enchanted" cake. Kelly came up with an Enchanted coloring book for Rycharn (Incidently, Becca pronounces his name "Journard") to use as a guide. As you can see Giselle is holding her magic chipmonk on Becca's cake. Becca was very happy with it. A special party treat was to have Journard personally deliver the cake although he had to leave to go to work.

Of course Saturday was 2 days before Becca's actual June 23 birthday, but that was a better day for the Utah families to get together. A bonus was KOA's Saturday "Ice Cream Social" near the pool. So many of our early arivees enjoyed customized sundaes. Next came swimming in the pool. It was a hot day and the pool was a cool relief. Finally we all went up to our 1028 site for grilled hot dogs (Jon and Michael were our Grillin' Guys) and pot luck picnic, where these photos were taken. Photo credits to Ganon, Jon and Jenny.



This was the first time we hosted a total Utah family get together at the KOA. What were we thinking? Where would 23 Connellys (and Freemans) sit?? Well our large shaded site has 2 picnic tables on grass and the family had many camp chairs and some of the kids never sit anyway, so we were OK. And there was enough food, cake and cupcakes. A big mahalo for everyone who contributed to a successful thrity second birthday for Becca. Can you believe she is 32? Happy Day.

6 comments:

amanda said...

Happy Birthday Becca. looks like you had a great day. wish we could have been there. what a great looking cake.

The Bountiful Connelly's said...

It was a fun party. Thank you, Auswanderers for hosting all of us. We love spending time with you.

Happy Hammaris said...

now wait, I thought she was 31! Am I behind a year? Not surprising with other things on my mind but many apologies anyway.

happy birthday Becca! Wish I could've been there.

Love,

MegPie

Eric R said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS BECCA,
your deserve to have a great party, thanks so much for being my friend you are a very special person, and it sure is good to see your smiling face.

Mushu

Kelly said...

Becca, We had so much fun at your birthday party. It was fun to be at your house, thanks for inviting us to swim in your pool. I am glad to hear you had a fun day too.

Thanks again,
Kelly and Family

patv said...

Happy Birthday Becca! What a great party. I haven't heard from you guys for so long and I guess I have the wrong email address. I did try calling you and got an answering machine and left a message but still no reply. Send me an email or give me a call at 626-969-8671 I'd love to hear from you.
Love,
Pat/Auntie Pat