Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sisters

More than Sisters--Friends for Life. Becca doesn't really know just where Megan is these days but she asks about Megan everyday. Becca misses her brothers and sisters and this blog thing our family has started is a big help.
My sister Cathy(your Aunt Catherine) is on the left. I am on the right. Those were our goats. We lived on a farm. I was probably 6 years old and in the 1st grade. Do I look a little like Emma?
Florence, my grandmother's sister, is on the left and her sister my grandmother, Catherine is on the right. My grandmother was very helpful when I started doing our family genealogy. I was so surprised when in one interview I had with her she started telling me about Florence's wedding. She even remembered what food was served at the receiption. When Florence got married my grandmother was only 7 years old. I was interviewing her when she was in her 70's.
The back row left to right: Marilyn(Gramma), Cathy(Aunt Catherine) and Donnie(Uncle Donald). Sitting in the chair on the left is my Gramma's sisster, Florence and she is holding my cousin, David. In the chair on the right is my Grandmother, Catherine A. Taylor and she is holding my cousin Danny. Danny is David's older brother. This picture was taken 50 years ago.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

What a fun blog!!!! I love to hear stories about family history. It is also great so see the old photos of family. Great idea to blog family history!!!

amanda said...

so i see you had a sisters post!! humm.. i don't see me in there.. kidding. they are cute pictures. I think a little, emma looks like you. but its hard to tell. she'll thinks this is fun.

The Bountiful Connelly's said...

What fun pictures! I think that most sisters have a special bond. My sister and I didn't always get along growing up (what sisters do?), but we are great friends now. Thank you for sharing!!

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing the photos.