Saturday, February 16, 2008

Family Photos ('72-'82)

This is not a very fancy picture but the kids are all looking at the camera so I got a nice shot of them. One the left side of the table is Marvin Ericsen and my sister Catherine. The boy next to her is not her son Timothy James. That one is Jon Michael and then Tim. On the right side of the table is my dad's 2nd wife, Betty, then Kelly (wearing one of the outfits I made for her when she started Kindergarten) then me and John. We went to spend Christmas with our families in 1972. I don't think this is Christmas dinner, I think it is a Bar-B-Q in my dad's back yard.
In the Summer of 1979, we traveled across the country to visit our relatives and see the country. My Gramma Van Kirk was very happy to see us. She is holding Ganon's hand, Jon is holding Becca and Kelly is looking at Ganon, and I am holding 6 month old Megan. This was the summer before we traded jobs with a guy in Capistrano Beach. Kelly and Jon would be attending the 7th and 8th grade. That was the school where Kelly started playing the flute. What was the name of the school, Kel?
Jon Michael is holding Ganon, Grampa Van Kirk is holding Megan and Rebecca, and Kelly is holding Amanda. This photo was taken at the airport in Honolulu in November 1982. That would mean that Amanda is already a year old. Jon would be 16 and Kelly 15.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I got your phone message. Thank you!!! What can I say about Jon and answering the phone. He avoids it for some reason or doesn't realize that others call for important reasons. I have been considering writing a social story for him about the importance of answering the phone. I love the family pictures. It is fun to see pictures of Jon when he was younger. It is amazing how much Jon and Kelly look so much like Ganon and Megan. Thanks for the awesome blog entry!!!

Kelly said...

Mom it is fun to see old family photos, I was looking at the first one before I read anything and the first thing I noticed was Jon but I thought "Aaron". Then looked again and saw me and knew it was Jon. Dad looks like Ganon with darker hair.
I was wondering if you made the outfit for 1st grade because that was when you cut my hair. The yellow dress you are wearing in the photo is the one you wore in the woods in Utah. It was a photo of you and Jon and I walking away from the camera. I thought we were both wearing matching yellow dresses and I was holding my up so you could see my boots. Perhaps I'm remembering the outfits in the photo wrong. Anyway that photo I have long hair. Correct my timeline if I'm wrong.
The school was Shorecliffs Jr. High, where I first started playing the flute. I remember being sad to learn that in CA the kids started playing in Elementary.
Cathy, Michael had better not see the photo of Jon at age 16, he will want his hair long again. Hope Michael keeps playing baseball so he will keep the handsome haircut.

Eric R said...

nice! good to see pictures of my grandparents, don't really know what they look like too much. i don't think i could pick them out of a line up:) i like how ganon and meg look like jon and kelly and then there is me and becca, nothing new there.. i like to stand out and be different i guess.

Kelly said...

Rycharn thinks my hair is almost blonde in the first photo. My hair sure has been many different colors depending on where I live and how long I've lived there. I'm not blonde in any of these photos but there was a time I was.